Categories
Home page

About this website

This website features limericks that I have contributed each day since February 2021 to the NYTimes Spelling Bee Facebook group. You can learn more about the group (which is private, but anyone can join) here. ┬áThe puzzle is a “hive” with six letters surrounding a center letter; the goal is to find as many words with four or more letters that include the center letter. At least one “pangram” including all the letters resides within each day’s hive, and solvers who find all the words deemed acceptable by the puzzle’s creator, Sam Ezersky, are awarded “Queen Bee.”

Since February I have been posting to NYTimes Spelling Bee a limerick (or the occasional sonnet) each morning featuring at least five words from the previous day’s puzzle. This website is where they live, indicating the date I wrote them and the accompanying hive (I post them the following day to avoid spoilers), and the image I posted alongside them in the group. Click on one of the two search tabs below to browse for specific limericks, or click here to browse limericks from the newest to the oldest. Enjoy!

Tim Alborn

Top 40 limericks

Search by date

Search by subject

For 110,000+ more limericks like this (though not Spelling Bee-oriented), including 1309 by me, please visit OEDILF (The Omnificent, nee Oxford, English Dictionary in Limerick Form).

One reply on “About this website”